Help keep your customers and employees safe from Covid-19 (coronavirus)
These rules must be implemented and followed at all times to be a Covid Free Takeout/Delivery Business:
- No one working or entering your building can be showing symptoms of any sickness, ie fever, cough, sinuses, congestion, etc. Even though the virus is contagious for up to 24 days before showing symptoms, you must verify that no employee is running a fever (nothing above 99.5 F) before entering your building.
- Before entering the building, all employees must wear a 3ply, 4ply, N95 or N99 rated masks at all times until after exiting the building.
- No customers will be allowed in your building! You must either take orders online or outside.
- Ask that everyone keep the noise down! Talking loudly (or even normally) spreads more germs. Ask all staff to keep noise to barely above a whisper if at all possible.
- All employees must wash their hands with soap & warm water for 20 seconds after every interaction with customers & after touching face.
- Every employee cooking or handling food, boxes, bags, or utensils must wear gloves at all times. Once these gloves have been contaminated or damaged, they must be switched out for new gloves.
- All door handles, sink knobs, flush knobs, etc. should be disinfected at least every 30 minutes.
- When accepting cash, what ever it touches is now contaminated.
- When accepting credit cards, treat them as contaminated and disinfect it by wiping before handing back to the customer.
- Delivery drivers must be screened as every other employee is, and follow the same protocols. If you are using a delivery service, they must wear a 3ply mask during their entire shift and wear gloves as mentioned above.
Our goal is to NOT contaminate anything being delivered to the customer, including the food, containers, utensils, condiments, napkins, bags, etc. If every employee imagines themselves as being contaminated, that would serve your customers even better and keep them safe.
These are the most important steps you can take to protect your staff and customers. One more thing you should consider is a UV sterilization light for the HVAC air handler for your business. This light, when installed properly, will kill most contaminates in the air. The bulbs generally last 3-6 months and the fixture with install is less than $500 USD.
Here is the list of products you need. Quantity depends on usage & staff.
- N95 or N99 Rated masks (95% & 99% Effective in blocking germs)
- 3ply or 4ply masks (good for not spreading germs, easier to breath)
- Disinfectant wipes (Lysol)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
- Cleaning Rags
- Antibacterial Soap