My wife and I have studied the effects of this virus tirelessly since December 2019. Our information comes from professional and confirmed sources in China, as well as the United States. This site is in no way monetized, not through the consumer, and not through any business. Our only ambition is to save lives through sharing valuable knowledge.
The Covid-19 or coronavirus has an incubation period for up to 24 days. So once someone is infected, they will be contagious for up to 24 days while not having any symptoms.
The virus can live up to 9 (nine) days on a solid surface like glass, metal, marble, etc. It can also linger in the air for hours, so please be careful and aware. When receiving mail or packages be very aware! If your carrier is infected, they will likely infect your mail or package for hours, so take steps just in case. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
How to protect yourself:
- Never use a public restroom if at all possible. If someone has the virus and uses the restroom, when they flush the toilet the virus can stay in the air for hours.
- Despite what some professionals are saying, WEAR A MASK! Make certain it is N95 or N99 rated. Also be aware the chinese are already exporting sub par masks which are not as effective as what you need. Keep in mind an N99 rated mask is the best, but make sure it is from a legitimate company such as 3M. An N95 mask is 95% effective and an N99 mask is 99% effective in blocking out germs. A 3 ply or 4 ply mask is good for helping not to spread germs, but not for breathing them in.
- Never touch your hands to your face unless your hands are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Beware of U.S. Mail and packages which could be contaminated. If the mail person has the virus, it can contaminate the mail/packages for hours after delivery.
- Cover your eyes and keep them protected! When someone sneezes, coughs, or even talks they emit tiny moisture droplets. And if one gets into your eyes, nose, mouth, or open wound, you will become infected.
- Avoid eating out if at all possible, especially if it’s not a CovidFree location. If just one person with the virus handles your food, you will most likely get infected. Even at a drive-thru!
- The virus will affect people over 60 and people with pre-existing health conditions the worst. The people in this category have an 80% mortality rate when infected. However, this virus kills people of any age.